St. Peters is located at the eastern edge of downtown Fernandina Beach, on Atlantic Avenue between 8th and 9th Streets. Atlantic Avenue and South 8th Street are part of the city portion of Florida State Route 200, better known as A1A.
St. Peters Campus
The church (2), built in 1881, is a historic, beautiful example of Neo-Gothic architecture. The Burns Hall (7, 9) is about thirty years old and was recently expanded when the new educational and office buildings (3 & 6) were built. The
Wood Youth Center (8) was built to replace the African-American Episcopal Church in the early 1960s, but was never consecrated. The congregations were integrated, and the building was long used as the parish office.
All of our buildings are handicap-accessible. There are designated handicap parking spaces on 9th Street. If these are taken, persons with valid handicap tags are encouraged to use the semicircular drive on 9th which is marked as a no parking area.
Building and Grounds Committee
This committee is headed by the vestry's junior warden and is supported by a number of dedicated parishioners who are deeply interested in improving and maintaining our parish buildings and grounds in such condition that they reflect our love for the parish and our historic church building.